Sunday, April 11, 2010

What's SO great about the number 9?

By Livia

On the train today, for no particular reason that I can remember, Tor and I were smiling . Tor was playing on his iPod.
I said, "Anybody who is smiling has to let the other person use their ipod if they have one."
I do not have an iPod so I said, "That's you Tor." Are we all in favor? "Aye," I said.
Tor did not say anything.
"Whats the 9th letter of the alphabet?" I asked him.
"Why the 9th letter?" he asked.
"Because 9 is my favorite number," I said.
"You mean 8," he said.
"Well, sorta,"I said: "Nine is my second favorite number. Because 9 is 1 more than eight, and 1 is so important because 1 is half of 2 which is half of 4 which is 2 less than six, and 2 is so important because it is one more than 1 and 1 is so important because 1 is half of 2 and 2 is half of 4 and 4 is half of 8 and eight is my favorite number."
"A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I," he counted. "I," he said again."
"So we're all in favor," I said. "You said "aye!"
Then mom said to put away the iPod, so I didn't get to have it!


2 comments: