Sunday, April 11, 2010

Vending machines (By Tor)


The thing that I have noticed the most about Tokyo or Japan in general are the vending machines. They can be found on most any block corner and sometimes in between. I don't understand why there are so many for most of them have many of the same drinks. The weirdest thing about them is that they can be found ANYWHERE. There was one in a Buddhist Temple where you had to make a trip up a hill to get it there. Another one was located up a high hill past the money-washing place we visited. I semi-understand the vending machines in the city but in a temple??? Really???? Spending the day with Koji and Nobuko was great but very exhausting because of all the walking we did. On the train home my dad saw a sign saying Tokyo Institute of Technology and said "you've heart of MIT? Well..."

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tor! I still have a coke bottle and coke can from my trip to Japan in 1978. I'm guessing that the reason there are so many vending machines is because of the huge numbers of people. Just think: anytime you are thirsty you can get a soda or whatever the machine sells. Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it sounds unappetizing but the canned coffee is definitely worth a try. It's surprisingly good. Many American tourists are pleasantly surprised by it. The teas aren't so bad either.

    ReplyDelete